Skip to content
August 20, 2026
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • VK
  • Youtube
  • Instagram

𝓣𝓸𝓭𝓪𝔂 𝓢𝓽𝓪𝓽𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽

The Statement Behind Every News

Primary Menu
  • Home
  • World
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Technology
  • Media Story
Watch Videos
  • Home
  • Entertainment
  • Diddy could face criminal charges over Tupac killing – Telegraph — RT Entertainment
  • Entertainment

Diddy could face criminal charges over Tupac killing – Telegraph — RT Entertainment

Today Statement August 20, 2026 3 minutes read
Diddy could face criminal charges over Tupac killing – Telegraph — RT Entertainment


Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs could face criminal charges linked to the killing of rapper Tupac Shakur in Las Vegas 30 years ago, The Telegraph has reported, citing sources. According to the outlet, prosecutors could take action if the man currently on trial over the murder is convicted.

Combs, who rose to become one of the most powerful figures in US hip-hop as a rapper and producer, is currently serving a 50-month federal prison sentence after being convicted in 2025 on two counts of transporting people for prostitution.

On September 7, 1996, Shakur was shot four times while stopped at a red light in a car with record executive Suge Knight. The 25-year-old died six days later, while Knight survived. His death soon became one of the most infamous unsolved murders in US popular culture.

The cold case was revived after Duane ‘Keffe D’ Davis, a former senior figure in the South Side Compton Crips street gang, began publicly discussing his involvement in 2018 and 2019, eventually leading to his arrest in 2023. Members of the gang are believed to have provided protection to Combs in Los Angeles.

Davis, now on trial for allegedly orchestrating the shooting, had previously claimed that Combs offered $1 million for Shakur and Knight to be killed amid an increasingly violent rivalry between Combs’s Bad Boy Records and Knight’s Death Row Records, which represented Shakur.

Combs has denied any involvement, calling the allegations “pure fiction and completely ridiculous.” Davis now insists his previous accounts of the killing were fabricated for money and notoriety.

The Telegraph did not specify what charges Combs could face but said a Davis conviction could lend credibility to the latter’s claim regarding the $1 million offer.

“The door remains open on what charges could be made against Diddy. But if the jury convicts Davis, then it gives a green light to take action against Diddy,” the outlet quoted a Clark County district attorney’s office source as saying.


Tupac murder suspect bragged about the shooting in phone calls – New York Post

The newspaper said prosecutors have kept Combs’s alleged role out of the trial to avoid confusing the jury and have not confirmed whether they would pursue him.

Davis was allegedly one of the four men in the Cadillac from which the fatal shots were fired and is the only one still alive.

Prosecutors believe the man’s nephew, Orlando ‘Baby Lane’ Anderson, fired the shots in retaliation for being beaten by Shakur and his entourage earlier that night. However, he was never charged and was killed in an unrelated gang shooting in 1998.

READ MORE:
Hip hop mogul Diddy sent to prison

Under Nevada accomplice liability, Davis can be prosecuted for murder even if he did not pull the trigger. He has pleaded not guilty to one count of murder with a deadly weapon with intent to promote, further or assist a criminal gang.

You can share this story on social media:

Follow RT onRT
RT

About the Author

Today Statement

Administrator

Visit Website View All Posts

Post navigation

Previous: Karnataka, Kerala, Telangana likely to challenge mines law amendments in SC
Next: UGC equity rules ‘under reconsideration’, Centre tells SC

Related Stories

Kanye West is heading to Russia. What could possibly go wrong? — RT Entertainment
  • Entertainment

Kanye West is heading to Russia. What could possibly go wrong? — RT Entertainment

Today Statement August 18, 2026
Kanye West to perform in Russia after European concert cancellations — RT Entertainment
  • Entertainment

Kanye West to perform in Russia after European concert cancellations — RT Entertainment

Today Statement August 18, 2026
  • Entertainment

‘We’ll beat all records’: Russian UFC champion makes history — RT Entertainment

Today Statement August 16, 2026

Recent Posts

  • Rahul Gandhi invokes Swaraj, asks students to drive change
  • Prince Harry and Meghan Markle reportedly returning to Britain – National
  • UGC equity rules ‘under reconsideration’, Centre tells SC
  • Diddy could face criminal charges over Tupac killing – Telegraph — RT Entertainment
  • Karnataka, Kerala, Telangana likely to challenge mines law amendments in SC

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

Archives

  • August 2026
  • July 2026
  • June 2026
  • May 2026
  • April 2026
  • March 2026
  • February 2026
  • January 2026
  • December 2025
  • November 2025
  • October 2025
  • September 2025
  • August 2025
  • November 2024

Categories

  • World
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Technology
  • Health
  • Science

Trending News

Rahul Gandhi invokes Swaraj, asks students to drive change Rahul Gandhi invokes Swaraj, asks students to drive change 1
  • Politics

Rahul Gandhi invokes Swaraj, asks students to drive change

August 20, 2026
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle reportedly returning to Britain – National Prince Harry and Meghan Markle reportedly returning to Britain – National 2
  • World

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle reportedly returning to Britain – National

August 20, 2026
UGC equity rules ‘under reconsideration’, Centre tells SC UGC equity rules ‘under reconsideration’, Centre tells SC 3
  • Politics

UGC equity rules ‘under reconsideration’, Centre tells SC

August 20, 2026
Diddy could face criminal charges over Tupac killing – Telegraph — RT Entertainment Diddy could face criminal charges over Tupac killing – Telegraph — RT Entertainment 4
  • Entertainment

Diddy could face criminal charges over Tupac killing – Telegraph — RT Entertainment

August 20, 2026
Karnataka, Kerala, Telangana likely to challenge mines law amendments in SC Karnataka, Kerala, Telangana likely to challenge mines law amendments in SC 5
  • Politics

Karnataka, Kerala, Telangana likely to challenge mines law amendments in SC

August 20, 2026

Connect with Us

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • VK
  • Youtube
  • Instagram

Today Statement

Today Statement is a dynamic news website offering the latest updates on global and regional events, politics, business, entertainment, and technology. Known for its concise and accurate reporting, the platform caters to readers seeking quick yet comprehensive news insights, engaging features, and expert opinions on trending topics.

Categories

Business Entertainment Health Media Story Politics Sports Technology World

Recent Posts

  • Rahul Gandhi invokes Swaraj, asks students to drive change
  • Prince Harry and Meghan Markle reportedly returning to Britain – National
  • UGC equity rules ‘under reconsideration’, Centre tells SC
  • Diddy could face criminal charges over Tupac killing – Telegraph — RT Entertainment
  • Karnataka, Kerala, Telangana likely to challenge mines law amendments in SC
Copyright © 2025 Today Statement | MoreNews by AF themes.