Skip to content
August 17, 2026
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • VK
  • Youtube
  • Instagram

๐“ฃ๐“ธ๐“ญ๐“ช๐”‚ ๐“ข๐“ฝ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ถ๐“ฎ๐“ท๐“ฝ

The Statement Behind Every News

Primary Menu
  • Home
  • World
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Technology
  • Media Story
Watch Videos
  • Home
  • Sports
  • Sydney Swans incident: Victoria Police investigates players over alleged sexual assault
  • Sports

Sydney Swans incident: Victoria Police investigates players over alleged sexual assault

Today Statement August 17, 2026 2 minutes read


Sam McClure

Updated August 17, 2026 โ€” 1:03pm,first published 12:18pm

You have reached your maximum number of saved items.

Remove items from your saved list to add more.

Police are investigating an alleged sexual assault involving Sydney Swans players in Melbourne.

โ€œThe Sydney Swans can confirm several players were involved in an alleged incident in Melbourne last night,โ€ the club confirmed in a statement on Monday.

The Swans were in Melbourne for their round 23 clash with Essendon.Getty Images

โ€œThe Swans have notified the AFL and relevant authorities and cannot provide further comment at this stage.โ€

The Swans were staying at the Pullman Hotel in East Melbourne, near the MCG. They defeated Essendon by 36 points at the MCG earlier on Sunday evening.

Police with clipboards and camera equipment were reportedly seen in the lobby of the hotel on Monday morning. By early afternoon there was no sign of Swans players or officials, and police appeared to have left the venue.

Hotel staff would not comment.

The Pullman in East Melbourne.pullmanonthepark.com.au

Victoria Police confirmed they were โ€œinvestigating a report of a sexual assault in East Melbourne on August 17โ€.

โ€œThe incident occurred at a hotel on Wellington Parade in the early hours of the morning,โ€ it said in a statement.

Related Article

Luke Sayers (left), Dustin Martin (second left) and Steven May have all been the subject of AFL integrity investigations. Cate Sayers has been critical of the league.

โ€œThe exact circumstances are yet to be established and the investigation into the incident remains ongoing.โ€

The AFL confirmed the league had been notified by the Swans and said the matter rested with police.

In cases such as this, the AFLโ€™s integrity unit defers to police.

More to come.

You have reached your maximum number of saved items.

Remove items from your saved list to add more.

Sam McClureSam McClure is an award-winning AFL journalist and broadcaster.Connect via X or email.

From our partners

About the Author

Today Statement

Administrator

Visit Website View All Posts

Post navigation

Previous: Mahmood Fazal: ABC removes more investigative content following internal review of sacked reporter
Next: Dalaroo soil survey stretches WA copper-nickel target

Related Stories

cede280bc1cdcf5d12a1c8335d40b8276279a023
  • Sports

NRL 2026: Newcastle Knightsโ€™ rise from cellar to finals means Justin Holbrook must be coach of the year

Today Statement August 17, 2026
e33cb23c39d998e5576bba55898717e1a07a315e
  • Sports

Joey scorches 'disgusting' Broncos effort

Today Statement August 17, 2026
16dce51356d25b5f97b042769ed0f8ccaeaa3b45
  • Sports

Johns described this Broncos effort as 'disgusting'

Today Statement August 16, 2026

Recent Posts

  • Dalaroo soil survey stretches WA copper-nickel target
  • Sydney Swans incident: Victoria Police investigates players over alleged sexual assault
  • Mahmood Fazal: ABC removes more investigative content following internal review of sacked reporter
  • NRL 2026: Newcastle Knightsโ€™ rise from cellar to finals means Justin Holbrook must be coach of the year
  • JB Hi-Fi shares plunge as it warns of AI-driven tech squeeze

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

Archives

  • August 2026
  • July 2026
  • June 2026
  • May 2026
  • April 2026
  • March 2026
  • February 2026
  • January 2026
  • December 2025
  • November 2025
  • October 2025
  • September 2025
  • August 2025
  • November 2024

Categories

  • World
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Technology
  • Health
  • Science

Trending News

Dalaroo soil survey stretches WA copper-nickel target 1
  • Business

Dalaroo soil survey stretches WA copper-nickel target

August 17, 2026
Sydney Swans incident: Victoria Police investigates players over alleged sexual assault 6c8c1aa4ad1909b3225d6a80371d7a8b88d4a653 2
  • Sports

Sydney Swans incident: Victoria Police investigates players over alleged sexual assault

August 17, 2026
Mahmood Fazal: ABC removes more investigative content following internal review of sacked reporter ed13c528ff29429d0a4267821595c52ca2cdc4cc 3
  • Business

Mahmood Fazal: ABC removes more investigative content following internal review of sacked reporter

August 17, 2026
NRL 2026: Newcastle Knightsโ€™ rise from cellar to finals means Justin Holbrook must be coach of the year cede280bc1cdcf5d12a1c8335d40b8276279a023 4
  • Sports

NRL 2026: Newcastle Knightsโ€™ rise from cellar to finals means Justin Holbrook must be coach of the year

August 17, 2026
JB Hi-Fi shares plunge as it warns of AI-driven tech squeeze 8200a4f9bf702126b9abbfe4377fad29e2b9f2e7 5
  • Technology

JB Hi-Fi shares plunge as it warns of AI-driven tech squeeze

August 17, 2026

Connect with Us

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • VK
  • Youtube
  • Instagram

Today Statement

Today Statement is a dynamic news website offering the latest updates on global and regional events, politics, business, entertainment, and technology. Known for its concise and accurate reporting, the platform caters to readers seeking quick yet comprehensive news insights, engaging features, and expert opinions on trending topics.

Categories

Business Entertainment Health Media Story Politics Sports Technology World

Recent Posts

  • Dalaroo soil survey stretches WA copper-nickel target
  • Sydney Swans incident: Victoria Police investigates players over alleged sexual assault
  • Mahmood Fazal: ABC removes more investigative content following internal review of sacked reporter
  • NRL 2026: Newcastle Knightsโ€™ rise from cellar to finals means Justin Holbrook must be coach of the year
  • JB Hi-Fi shares plunge as it warns of AI-driven tech squeeze
Copyright ยฉ 2025 Today Statement | MoreNews by AF themes.