Skip to content
August 21, 2026
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • VK
  • Youtube
  • Instagram

𝓣𝓸𝓭𝓪𝔂 𝓢𝓽𝓪𝓽𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽

The Statement Behind Every News

Primary Menu
  • Home
  • World
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Technology
  • Media Story
Watch Videos
  • Home
  • Business
  • Full cost of Kyle and Jackie-O’s legal battle with ARN revealed
  • Business

Full cost of Kyle and Jackie-O’s legal battle with ARN revealed

Today Statement August 21, 2026 3 minutes read
Full cost of Kyle and Jackie-O’s legal battle with ARN revealed


Calum Jaspan

August 21, 2026 — 10:55am

You have reached your maximum number of saved items.

Remove items from your saved list to add more.

Kyle Sandilands and Jackie “O” Henderson’s months-long legal battle with their former employer ARN has cost the radio company more than $17 million so far as it battles rapidly declining revenue and profits.

ARN Media revealed the figure, which is bound to increase when it meets Henderson in the Federal Court in October to fight her $82 million contract claim, in its half-year results on Friday. The company posted a loss of $28.3 million for the half year. Revenue was also down, declining by 14 per cent to $128 million.

Jackie “O” Henderson and Kyle Sandilands’ legal fights have dragged down ARN’s results.

The company put the revenue shortfall down to “brand safety concerns” associated with the now-defunct Kyle and Jackie O Show and a lack of federal election advertising revenue, which propped up results in the same half last year.

The $17.2 million figure for its legal expenditure included Sandilands’ $12 million settlement agreed in June. ARN will suspend dividends until its outstanding legal dispute with Henderson is resolved.

ARN chief executive Michael Stephenson said the company has made “strong progress” in stabilising its core business and strengthening its financial position, both by settling its matter with Sandilands and agreeing to sell its Hong Kong-based outdoor advertising business Cody.

“These actions provide greater certainty for shareholders and create the operating and financial flexibility required to execute our strategy,” Stephenson said.

Stephenson and chair Hamish McLennan are under pressure from shareholders, evidenced by the 90 per cent protest vote against the proposed remuneration package for executives in May.

Actions taken by ARN over the past 18 months have established a “stronger foundation for improved performance and long-term shareholder value”, McLennan said.

“While the first half result is not where we want ARN to be, the board is clear that the decisions being made now are the right decisions to change the trajectory of the company,” he said.

McLennan green-lit a 10-year, $200 million contract to keep The Kyle and Jackie O Show on KIIS FM in 2023. Earlier this year, the show blew up as poor ratings in Melbourne, action from the media watchdog and an advertiser boycott combined with a deteriorating on-air relationship between Henderson and Sandilands.

After an on-air feud in February, Henderson walked off the show and did not return. She informed ARN she could no longer work with her co-host and her contract was terminated. She is now suing the network, alleging it failed to protect her from Sandilands and improperly tore up her contract with $82 million left owing over several years.

ARN also terminated Sandilands’ contract for allegedly bullying Henderson, which he denied.

After settling the lawsuit, Sandilands told this masthead that ARN was a “house of cards”. Hundreds of staff have been made redundant and its share price has fallen about 44 per cent over the past 12 months to 26 cents.

“I don’t regret saying the comments to Jackie because it needed to be said,” Sandilands has said. “If it brought on an early exit from the show and the implosion of that show, then that’s unfortunate. But what are we supposed to do? Just pretend here for the rest of the nine years that everything’s fine?”

You have reached your maximum number of saved items.

Remove items from your saved list to add more.

Calum JaspanCalum Jaspan is a media writer for The Sydney Morning Herald and The Age, based in Melbourne. Reach him securely on Signal @calumjaspan.10Connect via X or email.

From our partners

About the Author

Today Statement

Administrator

Visit Website View All Posts

Post navigation

Previous: Sydney Swans press conference: Callum Mills, coach Dean Cox front media amid sexual assault allegation
Next: Sydney Airport taxiing incident: ATSB investigates potential conflict between two Qantas flights

Related Stories

Clifton Hotel sale: Melbourne pub from Jon Adgemis’ collapsed empire returns to the market
  • Business

Clifton Hotel sale: Melbourne pub from Jon Adgemis’ collapsed empire returns to the market

Today Statement August 21, 2026
Sydney Airport taxiing incident: ATSB investigates potential conflict between two Qantas flights
  • Business

Sydney Airport taxiing incident: ATSB investigates potential conflict between two Qantas flights

Today Statement August 21, 2026
The Clock Hotel in Surry Hills and The Bank Hotel in Newtown change hands in  million deal
  • Business

The Clock Hotel in Surry Hills and The Bank Hotel in Newtown change hands in $90 million deal

Today Statement August 20, 2026

Recent Posts

  • Clifton Hotel sale: Melbourne pub from Jon Adgemis’ collapsed empire returns to the market
  • ‘Never let him settle’: Spin legend Mushie on Warne, Lyon and how Bangladesh humbled Australia
  • Tom Trbojevic injury update: Manly fullback reflects on fitness struggles and return to the field against Newcastle Knights
  • Ukraine sanctions creators of hit Russian children’s cartoon — RT Entertainment
  • Sydney Airport taxiing incident: ATSB investigates potential conflict between two Qantas flights

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

Archives

  • August 2026
  • July 2026
  • June 2026
  • May 2026
  • April 2026
  • March 2026
  • February 2026
  • January 2026
  • December 2025
  • November 2025
  • October 2025
  • September 2025
  • August 2025
  • November 2024

Categories

  • World
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Technology
  • Health
  • Science

Trending News

Clifton Hotel sale: Melbourne pub from Jon Adgemis’ collapsed empire returns to the market Clifton Hotel sale: Melbourne pub from Jon Adgemis’ collapsed empire returns to the market 1
  • Business

Clifton Hotel sale: Melbourne pub from Jon Adgemis’ collapsed empire returns to the market

August 21, 2026
‘Never let him settle’: Spin legend Mushie on Warne, Lyon and how Bangladesh humbled Australia ‘Never let him settle’: Spin legend Mushie on Warne, Lyon and how Bangladesh humbled Australia 2
  • Sports

‘Never let him settle’: Spin legend Mushie on Warne, Lyon and how Bangladesh humbled Australia

August 21, 2026
Tom Trbojevic injury update: Manly fullback reflects on fitness struggles and return to the field against Newcastle Knights Tom Trbojevic injury update: Manly fullback reflects on fitness struggles and return to the field against Newcastle Knights 3
  • Sports

Tom Trbojevic injury update: Manly fullback reflects on fitness struggles and return to the field against Newcastle Knights

August 21, 2026
Ukraine sanctions creators of hit Russian children’s cartoon — RT Entertainment Ukraine sanctions creators of hit Russian children’s cartoon — RT Entertainment 4
  • Entertainment

Ukraine sanctions creators of hit Russian children’s cartoon — RT Entertainment

August 21, 2026
Sydney Airport taxiing incident: ATSB investigates potential conflict between two Qantas flights Sydney Airport taxiing incident: ATSB investigates potential conflict between two Qantas flights 5
  • Business

Sydney Airport taxiing incident: ATSB investigates potential conflict between two Qantas flights

August 21, 2026

Connect with Us

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • VK
  • Youtube
  • Instagram

Today Statement

Today Statement is a dynamic news website offering the latest updates on global and regional events, politics, business, entertainment, and technology. Known for its concise and accurate reporting, the platform caters to readers seeking quick yet comprehensive news insights, engaging features, and expert opinions on trending topics.

Categories

Business Entertainment Health Media Story Politics Sports Technology World

Recent Posts

  • Clifton Hotel sale: Melbourne pub from Jon Adgemis’ collapsed empire returns to the market
  • ‘Never let him settle’: Spin legend Mushie on Warne, Lyon and how Bangladesh humbled Australia
  • Tom Trbojevic injury update: Manly fullback reflects on fitness struggles and return to the field against Newcastle Knights
  • Ukraine sanctions creators of hit Russian children’s cartoon — RT Entertainment
  • Sydney Airport taxiing incident: ATSB investigates potential conflict between two Qantas flights
Copyright © 2025 Today Statement | MoreNews by AF themes.